Types of hosting solutions
A hosting solution appertains to stashing and/or sharing particular content on a hosting server hosted by a web hosting provider. There are various kinds of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's have a peek at them. Thus, you can determine what you need, based on whether you wish to build a weblog, e-mail addresses, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a service furnished by certain hosts, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file hosting services are often supported by exhibiting adverts by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a given period of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely incorrect interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would split the load between independent bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different web site hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a sort of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some vendors offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share an immense amount of images with mates or acquaintances since the service is typically free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to administering your email box accounts. Some suppliers offer web space hosting services for sites, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you wish to manage a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with a couple of videos and a few hundred visitors, you may have a hard time with your web site hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to utilize as many videos as you want to without bothering about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to have a website. To a certain extent, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and mail address accounts, upload videos, etc. At Neno Hosting, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are meant for particular content solely.